Active Living is a way of life in which physical activity is valued and integrated into daily living (Active Living Canada).
Active Living ranges from light activity such as leisurely walking to moderate or vigorous activities such as wheeling, running and playing sports. To improve your health or stay healthy, engage in light to vigorous physical activity every day.
Adults: At least 150 minutes/week
Children/Youth: At least 60 minutes/day
(Source: Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines)
For more information, visit Alberta Centre for Active Living or call 780-427-6949 or toll free
Alberta Centre for Active Living Partners:
- Alberta Culture and Tourism
- Alberta Policy Coalition for Chronic Disease Prevention
Alberta Active Living Partners:
- Alberta Centre for Active Living
- Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association
- Be Fit For Life Network
- Ever Active Schools
- Alberta CSEP Health and Fitness Program
- Active Living Coalition for Older Adults
- Canadian Fitness and Lifestyle Research Institute
- Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology
- Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance of Canada
(Source: Alberta Centre for Active Living)
Active Alberta Policy
Alberta Culture and Toursim released a final version of the Active Alberta Policy. Ten Alberta government ministries were involved in developing the Active Alberta Policy in consultation with nearly 130 stakeholder groups. The policy’s six outcomes will guide the Government and its partners in the design, delivery and funding of programs related to recreation, active living and sport.