- An Economic Impact Analysis of the Proposed Alignment of the Trans Canada Trail in East-Central Alberta (Government of Alberta)
- Trail Builder’s Companion (Government of Alberta in partnership with Alberta TrailNet Society)
- Trail Planning Workbook (Government of Alberta in partnership with Alberta TrailNet Society)
- Alberta Recreation Corridor and Trails Classification System (Government of Alberta)
- Minimizing Risk and Liability Manual (Government of Alberta)
- Report on Two Successful Rural Trails: The Iron Horse Trail and the Western Irrigation District Canal Pathway (Alberta TrailNet Society)
- A Guide to Using and Developing Trails in Farm and Ranch Areas (Government of British Columbia) - Visit this link to download.
- Rail – Trail Maintenance and Operation (Rails-to-Trails Conservancy)
- Trail Planning, Design and Development Guidelines (Minnesota Department of Natural Resources) - Visit this link to order a copy or download with permission.
Adobe PDF Reader required to open file - download free